"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

Sunday, November 28, 2010

New Journey

I am writing this blog today to share some important news about a journey Brandon and I will be starting. Brandon and I have been praying for a very long time about how God wanted our family to be formed. It took awhile but we really feel that the Lord has called us to adopt to start our family.

I would be lying if I said in some ways it has been a difficult decision to come to.We have been very diligent with our prayers, and have left our hearts open to receive a peace about what he wanted us to do. In addition to praying, we have talked to families that have adopted and went to a conference to get some information. It was at that conference that God really aligned our hearts, and we knew this is what our journey was.

We are really excited that God has chosen us to adopt to start our family. But I constantly battle to with all of the "unknowns" of this journey. We know it will be a difficult journey but we know that we will be immensely blessed through it as well. We are currently praying for God to show us where our baby is. We are also praying for God to give us wisdom on how to be wise with our finances as well. Adoption is expensive, but we know that He will provide.

We want to be as proactive as possible in getting information, and preparing for this endeavor in our life. But I, little miss planner, have found peace in knowing God has already taken care of all the details for us. We just have to step out in faith to see them all fall into place.

We have so much to be thankful for. We both have very supportive families and has raised us both to rely on the Lord, and to seek HIS plans only. We have also have several friends that are on this same journey, and are currently trying to adopt, or already have their child in their home. So we have been able to receive great support emotionally but also given lots of information.

So this is step one for us. We are sharing what has been laid on our hearts so heavily, and what we are anxiously waiting to see it unfold. We have been blessed with such great families and friends that are SO supportive and such strong brothers and sisters in Christ. So this is how you can help support us.

Please pray for us. Pray for our hearts that they will be open to where our baby is, and that we will not be fearful. We want to make sure this is all in God's timing and our hearts are open and seeking where our child is that GOD has chosen for us. WHEREVER our child may be. Pray for Wisdom for us. God has blessed our family with a great leader of our little family of two. So now we are praying for wisdom on how to best prepare and fund this financially.

Here are a few options that I will be posting on the blog to help fund our adoption:

1) I am selling Scentsy and all profit that I make from this is going into our savings account for Adoption.
2) I am also setting up an account where you can just donate as well.
3) Designing Shirts to sell and all profit from this will go into our savings account as well.


We will update along the way. These are a few scripture verses below that have really touched our heart.

You are the helper of the fatherless. LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more.

Psalms 10:14,17-18


Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families.

Psalms 68:5-6


And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.

Matthew 18:5

3 comments:

  1. Callie! I am so proud of you & Brandon for taking this step!! I have always wanted to adopt a child, and cant wait to watch and learn from ya'll as you go though this amazing journey. Remember, God is with you always, and has already gone ahead of the both of you and has the perfect child out there! I'm praying, and let me know if I can help at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you both. Callie, we have never met but Brandon and I grew up together and I know you will be great parents. I know how you are feeling! My husband and I prayed for years for a baby. We had two fall through before we got our precious angel! It is an emotional roller coaster but very worth it. We recently adopted a baby girl and it was the most amazing experience!! I truly believe God chooses parents for these adoptive children. Best wishes to you both as you begin your journey. I will be praying for your family! Please feel free to contact me if you need to vent frusterations or ask questions. God Bless you both! Krystle Morgan (Stanger)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 Samuel 1:27 "For this child we prayed"

    ReplyDelete

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5