"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Come Away With Me

" Come away with me for awhile. The world, with its nonstop demands can be put on hold."


What demands are we giving the most attention to? Do we ever really "come away" and give our full attention to the things that matter most?

This is one of the hardest things for people to do. Brandon and I just got back from a family trip, this was the biggest effort that we had made in a while to totally disconnect with the rest of the world and just connect with family. And it was great.

Why is it the lessons that are most important are usually not learned till later in life? I was sharing with Brandon on the way home from the trip how much I miss my grandparents, and how I wish I could go back in time and go away with them and really cherish the time that I had with them. I remember when I was younger and not valuing my time with them. My heart yearns for that, but thankfully the Lord has blessed me with great in laws that help quench that thirst with his family. Hopefully with this lesson the Lord has laid on my heart I will cherish the time with my family and my new family through my marriage.

It is through this reflection that I realize we are blessed the most when we are with people and we get away with them. It's then that we share memories, stories, and our hearts. God calls us to come away with one another and most of all with HIM. If we do not get away with our heavenly father then we will never be blessed by his presence and we will never be able to truly break free from the "demands" of this life.

This was in my devotional for the day, and I thought it was inspiring.

Come away with ME for awhile. The world, with its  nonstop demands, can be put on hold. Most people put Me on hold, rationalizing that someday they will find time to focus on Me. But the longer people push Me into the background of their lives, the harder it is for them to find Me.
You live among people who glorify busyness; they have made time a tyrant that controls their lives. Even those who know Me as a Savior tend to march to the tempo of the world. They have bought into the illusion that more is always better: more meetings, more programs, more activity.
I have called you to follow Me on a solitary path, making time alone with Me your highest priority and deepest Joy. It is a pathway largely unappericated and often despised. However, you have chosen the better thing, which will never be taken away from you. Moreover, as you walk close to Me, I can bless others through you.
Song of Songs 2:13; Luke 10:42

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5